We are almost to the finish line and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel- que the happy dance! I had my 38 week appointment last Friday and our OB said that dilation and effacement has started which makes for one happy prego! We could not be more excited to meet our baby boy, Sawyer, and welcome him home to meet our family and closest friends, and lets not kid ourselves, I am also extremely anxious to be less puffy and swollen- truth!
This week we worked on washing all of his little clothes, sterilized his bottles, packed Delilah’s bag for her over night stay at Pop and Gigi’s, and worked on coordinating our must-have items for our hospital bag. This is our second time packing a hospital bag for delivery so we can take a little pride in knowing what products are essential to making our hospital stay and delivery experience more comfortable this time around, as well as, what we can leave behind until we get home.
We have rounded up 10 hospital bag essentials that we could not deliver without. Read why they will be making the trip to the hospital with us and why we love them! Also, we are so excited about our hospital bag, The Wistful Weekender, from Petunia Pickle Bottom. Looking for the perfect travel bag that will fit toiletries and everything you need for a short stay? The Wistful Weekender is a perfect option!
Hospital Bag Essentials
1. Anthropology// Rose Bud Salve//$6// After a long two hours of pushing to meet our princess, Delilah, it felt amazing to dab on a little lip balm after a hot shower. This salve is silky smooth and can also be used for dry skin any where on the body. I love the smell and pretty tint of color to give lips a natural rosy glow. We also like to dab a little on the cheek bones for a youthful dewey look.
2. Bebe Au Lait//Nursing Essentiels in Isla//$52// With many family and friends in and out to meet babe for the first time, the nursing cover from Bebe Au Lait made breast feeding our newborn comfortable and less stressful. The cover is light, breathable and super soft making feedings more relaxed while visiting with hospital guests. We also adore the nursing scarf that is equally light and airy to give a little privacy to babe and mom during nursing and special bonding time. The nursing cover and scarf come in several gorgeous prints and fabrics!
3. Mustela//Stretch Marks Recovery Serum//$42// This serum is by far one of the best formulas for reducing the appearance of stretch marks that we have tried, and we tried quite a few after Delilah made her debut. It absorbs into the skin quickly to ensure its fast acting formula penetrates the skin to its full potential. This serum also lessens the the reddish/purple color and size of stretch marks while soothing and healing the skin. The serum is made from ingredients of natural origin and is free of parabens, phthalates and phenoxyethanol, making it a great choice for breast feeding mamas. It also smells heavenly with its musk, rose, jasmine and marine scent. #mustelaforthewin!
4. Belly Bandit//Viscose from Bamboo Belly Wrap//$69.95// The belly bandit is a must-have for our hospital bag! This magic wrap accelerates healing, gives much needed support to our core and back, helps to minimize stretch marks and works to help us mamas lose inches faster. We love its soft fabric, comfort and compression is gives while our tummy makes it way back to normalcy. We like to wear our belly bandit immediately postpartum for 6-8 weeks for best results. You can read more about the belly bandit here and why it is a mama essential!
5. Medela//Tender Care Lanolin//$9.99// If you’re planning on nursing your babe this Lanolin Ointment from Medela works wonders for sore and chapped nipples. The first few days of nursing can be difficult when trying to figure out how to master the perfect latch and find the most comfortable position. The Lanolin will act as a barrier so that the first days of nursing are more comfortable for mom as she bonds with babe.
6. boob//Fast Food Singlet- Padded Tank//$75// This tank is over the top soft, seamless and comes with removable pads. It has a built in bra giving us mamas much needed support. We love the stretchy feel of the fabric and smart clips that make nursing easy, quick and comfortable.
7. Batiste//Dry Shampoo in Blush//$7.99// After laboring for many hours to meet your new miracle it’s no secret to us mamas that our hair tends to fall a little flat and lifeless from that strenuous workout! This dry shampoo will give you shine, bounce, volume and rid your scalp of unwanted oil so that you can look and feel your best while visiting with your friends, family and brand new bundle of joy. This dry shampoo comes in many pretty scents too!
8. Target//Dr. Scholl’s Spa Socks 2 Pack//$9.29// These socks are the coziest ever! They are ultra soft on the feet and have grippies on the bottom making it easy to walk across the floor while holding your newborn.
9. Nikon//D5200//$499.95// We love our Nikon D5200 for the clear and crisp images it produces and for its user friendly options for zooming, cropping and focusing. We couldn’t leave home without toting our camera to capture Sawyers first moments of life and are beyond excited to photograph Delilah meeting her little brother for the first time. This model is also compact and easy to travel with.
10. Nordstrom//Amoralia Jersey Maternity Robe//$59// The jersey material of this robe is perfect for post delivery. It’s soft, stretchy and fits well as your body changes post pregnancy. We also love the v-neck on this robe for convenient and comfortable nursing sessions.
11. Petunia Pickle Bottom//Wistful Weekender in Central Park North Stop//$185//This bag is super chic, stylish and the perfect size for light travel. It boasts the perfect amount of middle space and smaller compartments for transporting everything you need to for a summer weekend away or hospital stay. You can read more about this gorgeous bag and why we adore it here.